Prawn Fry Recipe – There are plenty of prawn lovers, and this is how to cook prawn fry with simple and easily available ingredients. For any kinds of seafood, we should use only minimal spices to retain the original flavor of the seafood.
Prawn Fry Recipe:
- Prawns – 200 grams
- Lemon Juice – 1.5 to 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 to 1.5 tsp
- Ginger garlic – 1.5 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – As needed
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Green Cardamom – 1
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 1 fine chopped
- Green Chilli – 1 slit
- Fresh Curry Leaves – 1 or 2 sprigs
- Chilli Powder – extra if needed (Optional)
- Fresh Coconut – 1 tbsp (Optional)
Making Prawn Fry:
- Take prawns in a separate bowl and rinse them thoroughly to remove the fishy smell. Add vinegar or lemon juice along with salt while cleaning. If you are using frozen prawns, then rinse them in hot water o bring back the softness of the prawns. Then mix 1.5 tsp of lemon juice and a tsp of oil along with prawns.
- Now add red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric and garam masala to the prawns and mix them properly. Keep it aside for at least 30 to 45 minutes. You can also refrigerate it overnight in a refrigerator.
- Heat a pan and add oil or ghee to it. Now add cumin and cardamom to the hot oil or ghee and let them to sizzle.
- Then add chopped onions and slit green chilies in the pan. Sprinkle salt as needed to it.
- Make sure the onions turn pink, then add the marinated prawns to it and mix them.
- When the prawns begin to swirl, add curry leaves and fry them again.
- If the prawns swirl up completely, then they are cooked thoroughly. Then add red chili powder to it and stir them for just one minute. At this stage, you can also add 1 tbsp of fresh grated coconut and fry them until the coconut smells good.
Prawn fry is ready. You can serve this with white rice or ghee rice. Mix them with ghee rice and serve it as Ghee Prawn fry Rice.
Learn how to cook tasty veg fried rice.