This is a simple chicken curry recipe. This pairs great with Paratha, Roti or Rice. This stays favorite for all people. Here is the Chicken Curry Recipe.
Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Chicken – 1/2 Kg
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Small bay leaf – 1
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon stick – 2 inches thin
- Green Chilies – 2 Slit
- Onions – 3 numbers (Finely Chopped/Grated/Paste)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Tomato – 2 numbers (Finely chopped/Puree)
- Turmeric Powder – 1tsp
- Salt – As needed
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp (As needed)
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 1/2 tsp (As Needed to suit your taste)
- Coriander Leaves – Fistful of Chopped
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Wash the chicken neatly twice with water and drain the water completely.
- Chop the tomato and onion finely and prepare Ginger Garlic Paste.
Making Chicken Curry:
- Take a pan and heat 2 tbsp of oil. Add all dry spices (Cinnamon Stick, Cloves, Small Bay leaves, Cardamoms) and saute them in the heating oil to turn them fragrant. Heat them for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of finely chopped onions along with the green chili slits. Stir them well until the onions turn golden. You can also use grated onion or onion paste instead of chopped oil.
- Add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste into the pan. Before adding that make sure that the onion turns golden. Stir well.
- Saute the ginger garlic paste until the raw smell gets off completely.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes along with turmeric powder and salt. Grated Tomato or Tomato puree can also be used.
- Saute until the tomato turns completely mushy, and the raw smell gets off.
- Add 3/4 to 1 spoon of chili powder along with 2 tbsps of curd. You can also skip curd if you doesn’t wish to add it.
- Saute on medium flame until the mixture leaves the side pan. You should be more cautious and do not let the mixture burn. The raw smell of onions, tomatoes and ginger garlic should go away entirely on this stage.
- Add 1/2 kgs of chicken along with 1 and 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder and a handful of coriander leaves. You can also use a ready-made mix if you wish to.
- Mix it for 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken turns pale.
- Now cover the mixture on a low flame and cook it for 3 to 5 minutes until the chicken lets out moisture. Meanwhile, heat a cup of water in a separate pot.
- Add the hot water as needed to the mixture. Using cold water can make the chicken go hard or tough.
- Make sure you use enough water to cover the chicken partially. Now cover and cook the mixture on a medium flame. Avoid cooking at high temperature. It will take around 10 to 15 minutes for the chicken to get cooked. This might depend on the age of the chicken and the size of the pieces.
- Now check whether the chicken is cooked using a fork. It should be soft and come out of the bones easily. Add some coriander leaves to the curry and keep it closed until you serve.
Now serve this delicious chicken curry along with the Rice, Roti or Paratha. Delicious Chicken Curry is ready.
This is the chicken curry recipe.
Thanks For Reading Foodies Cooks.