Basundi Recipe | How to make Basundi: This is a quick and easy recipe of sweet and milk flavoured with cardamom and dry fruits. Here is how to make this yummy dish.
You would also like to taste Barbequed Pineapple Recipe | How to make Barbequed Pineapple
- Sweetened condensed milk-400 grams.
- Full fat milk-4 to 5 cups( you can adjust the amount of milk depending on the sweetness of the condensed milk, or you can add as per your taste).
- Green cardamoms-5 powdered on a mortar pestle.
- Cashews-12 to 15 chopped.
- Pistachios-12 to 15 chopped.
- Almonds-12 to 15 chopped.
- Strands of saffron-7 to 8.
- Nutmeg powder or Jaiphal powder- a generous pinch.
- Saffron for garnish-Few strands.
How to make Basundi
In a Kadai add 4 to 5 cups of full-fat milk.
Then add 400 grams of condensed milk. You can adjust the amount of full-fat milk depending on the sweetness of the condensed milk, or you can add as per your taste and also keep in mind the mixture thickens while cooking so add milk accordingly.
Stir and mix this well. Keep this mixture on a low flame on the stove.
Keep on stirring and bring this mixture to a gentle boil on a low to high flame. Keep on stirring at intervals so that the mixture does not get browned or burnt from the bottom.
The mixture will begin to thicken, keep on stirring often. Overall cooking of the mixture takes about 20 to 25 mins on a low flame.
Next, add a generous pinch of nutmeg powder.
Then add all the chopped dry fruits, powdered cardamom and few strands of saffron.
Stir and simmer this for a minute.
Serve this hot warm or chilled garnish with a few saffron strands.
Thanks for learning the basundi recipe.