Vegetable Pulao Recipe | How to cook Vegetable Pulao: It is one of the most flavorful and delicious mixed Vegetable Pulao. It can be cooked either with water or coconut milk. Here we are going to cook mixed vegetable pulao using coconut milk:
Vegetable Pulao Recipe:
- Oil or Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Bay leaf – 1 large or 2 small
- Star Rinse – 1 large
- Cloves – 6 to 8
- Cinnamon Stick – 2 inch
- Nutmeg – Small piece
- Green Cardamoms – 4 to 6
- Shahi Jeera – 3/4 tsp
- Strand of Mace – 1 Large
- Saunf / Fennel Seeds – 3/4 tsp
- Pepper Corn – 1/4 tsp
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Onions – 1 Small
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Mixed Vegetables – 2 cups (Carrot, beans, peas, and Potato)
- Green chilies – 1
- Cashew Nuts – 8 to 10
- Mint leaves – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk – 3 1/2 cup
- Salt – As needed
- Take two cups of Basmati rice in a bowl and soak them in water fro at least 20 minutes. Drain the water and set it aside.
- Powder the Saunf and pepper using a hand pestle.
- If you want to use fried cashews, then fry the cashews until it turns golden in color.
How to cook Vegetable Pulao:
Add the oil or ghee in a hot pan and add the dry spices. Saute them until it begins to sizzle.
Now add the ginger garlic paste and saute them until the raw smell goes off from it.
Then add the Saunf and the pepper powder. Saute them quickly and make sure not to burn them.
Now it’s time to add the cubed vegetables. Add them along with the cashews.
Then add the chopped mint leaves.
Pour 3 1/2 cup of coconut milk into the cooked and add the salt. Check the taste and adjust the salt content.
Now add the drained rice to the coconut milk and stir them.
Cook until the coconut milk is almost absorbed by the rice.
Now cover the cooker and lower the flame.
Cook until the rice is fully cooked. If using a pressure cooker, then cook for just 5 minutes. Fluff the mixed vegetable pulao.
Garnish the pulao and serve them hot with Raita.
Thanks for learning Vegetable Pulao Recipe.
Learn how to cook Egg sandwich Recipe as well.